Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What's for Dinner x2

Over the weekend, I tried a recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine. Pizza is a popular menu item at Love and Life at Leadora, so I decided to give Martha's grilled pizza a try.

The pizza dough is placed directly on a barbeque, toppings are added, and then after the cheese is melted, your pizza is ready. It was easy, especially since I used premade pizza dough from Trader Joe's. I did have trouble stretching the dough thin enough, and it really puffed up on the barbeque. Also, I made Martha's quick pizza sauce, but unfortunately I added way too much salt to it. Let's just say that if I were on Top Chef on Bravo, I would have definitely been eliminated from the competition based on my pizza making skills! However, I want to try this recipe again so that I can create a healthy alternative to Domino's and Pizza Hut!


Last night's taco salad was something that came to me when I was peering into the refrigerator wondering, "What am I going to cook tonight?". No recipe was followed for this one. I browned ground beef, added a packet of taco seasoning mix, and then put in drained cans of pinto beans and kidney beans. All taco salads need tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, and lettuce. Avocados are a must, and olives are optional. This salad was tasty, satisfying, and easy to make. These are the 3 prerequisites that will keep taco salad on the menu at Love and Life at Leadora for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! they both look wonderful. I think I am going to serve a taco salad when I have guests for lunch next week...now just what did you include...oh! I like the red onion and olives, makes it much more colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm.. this looks like my menu choice for dinner tonight! we really missed having our Mexican food fix while in London!
    y-u-m-m-y inspiration...

    ReplyDelete