Monday, February 18, 2013

A Most Delicious Cafe' au Lait



These last couple of mornings  I've been enjoying a delicious cafe' au lait made with Cafe' du Monde coffee.   The can photographed above was recently purchased from our local Fresh N Easy, but MacGyver husband and I first enjoyed the coffee and chicory during a trip to New Orleans last August.


We went to New Orleans for a summer weekend to celebrate my birthday.  I immediately fell in love with the beautiful sights, the friendly people, and the delicious food.  Drinking my cafe' au lait this morning brought back memories of our fun trip, especially the delicious beignets and chicory coffee at Cafe' du Monde.  As you can imagine, it was a rather hot and humid August morning (note my frizzy hair!), and we had to wait in line for quite awhile, but the delicious coffee and fresh beignets were worth it!  If you ever have the opportunity to visit New Orleans, you simply can't leave without a tasty treat from Cafe' Du Monde.  And don't be surprised if you must go more than once (We went twice during our 3 day stay!).






15 comments:

  1. Yum. I've just set the coffee maker for our 5:30 wake up. Suddenly, my boring coffee doesn't seem nearly as lovely as your warm beverage. Such fun memories of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go! The coffee looks delicious and it is great that you can find it locally. Very cute photo of you.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks perfect...and I loved your porch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and like the other comment...you're adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish! I always love a great cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, a cup of coffee sounds good right now, it's cold and rainy...Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ❤Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to look for it here in the Midwest...and I do love those beignets!

    Blessings,
    Dianne
    www.sweetjourneyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to see you blogging again!!! My husband loves that coffee - he started drinking it when he went down to New Orleans after the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would do anything for hot and humid weather. It is soooooo cold here. Never been to new Orleans but I would love to go! The coffee sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cafe du Monde is one of my favorite spots on the planet! My ubcle is from NO, and I visted many times as a kid. Those beignets and coffee are one in a million:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to go to New Orleans! I think I would love it! Any good coffee and I'm there! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. First time visiting:)

    My father was born and raised in New Orleans. Cafe' Du Monde is a the best and the beignets are a must when visiting!! There's nothing like southern hospitality and I love the decor:)

    ReplyDelete