Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tree Attacks Car!

Some days just don't turn out the way that you planned! You see, today I was supposed to run errands. I had shoes and clothes to return, toothpaste and groceries to buy, and postage stamps for thank you cards. Unfortunately, I woke up to the following.


Yes, that's my Honda Odyssey with no passenger window and a big dent in the door! We have been experiencing horrible hot weather here at Love and Life and Leadora, and apparently our oak tree decided it had had enough! A huge branch broke off and attacked my minivan. Fortunately, no one was hurt and none of the neighbor's property was damaged. My poor Honda will have to take a trip to the body shop, but I am secretly hoping to spend a few days with perhaps a cute, little sporty rental car?!


While MacGyver husband and I were figuring out what to do, I received a text from my sweet friend asking,"Want to go shopping?". Of course, I responded, "When do we leave?". Poor MacGyver husband. I left him with the dented Honda and spent the day shopping at Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Nordstrom's Rack followed by a delicious lunch at Panera Bread.

If only I could have shopped forever in air conditioned stores! Unfortunately, I had to come home to a car with a dent and black plastic taped to the window and all those bags of things to be returned! I wonder how tomorrow will be?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so glad no one was hurt. Isn't this the second time this tree has damaged a car...it must not like people parking there.

    ReplyDelete