Saturday, October 30, 2010

A New Sous Chef


I would like to introduce you to the new sous chef  at Love and Life at Leadora!  You can see her as young witch here.  Sous chef Willow is very lucky to have a talented grandmother who originally sewed this chef's costume many years ago for her big sister, Zoe.  This has been a very popular costume at Love and Life at Leadora because Willow's older brother,  Graeme,  also wore it. In fact, Graeme liked being a chef so much that he wore the costume two years in a row.   Unfortunately, after this Halloween, the chef's costume will probably have to be retired.



While the sous chef at Love and Life at Leadora was at school, the executive chef prepared cinammon baked french toast for a breakfast with friends.  This recipe is easy to make and quite tasty too.  With the holidays fast approaching, this would be a great recipe to consider serving Christmas morning.  In the meantime, have a happy and safe Halloween!







9 comments:

  1. tres adorable ! I love how she poses for the camera...wish mine would play along ! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving a message ! much love,
    Lucy
    ps.
    Your desserts look sooo yums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far, far too cute! I had almost forgotten how adorable that costume is...and she certainly isn't shy about posing. Go Willow!
    Super post and I am very jelous of the witch shoes. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling blog. . .I will be back to visit. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I so appreciate it. Hope you will come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh - such a cute costume... willow has grown so much!
    you seem to entertain a lot... how fun is that! I'm hosting my Bunco group this month - we're planning to have a holiday decoration swap (opportunity to get rid of the stuff you no longer use & maybe pick up someone else's discard)... planning to make soup(s)! have any good, easy soup recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Costume and so glad to see kids getting interested in food and cooking. Thank goodness for the food network! I'm your latest follower and just wanted to say hi and thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog today. Don't forget to check out my giveaway, I'd hate for you to miss out ;)Fondly, Roberta
    http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. J' adore!! Too cute! I hope you had a fantastic Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Willow makes a lovely chef! And speaking of chefs, I just sent that french toast recipe to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Heather,
    Love the costume...She looks adorable! Grandma did an awesome job. Happy 1st day of November.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather, I jumped over here from Ana"s site and must say I love your house it is a beautiful old beauty! I'am obssessed with old houses and hope someday to have another one. Just wanted to say hi and if you get time hop over and say hi. Traci

    ReplyDelete