Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Bars



Well, hello!  So sorry, blogging got left behind while I have been busy substitute teaching.  On top of that, today I have a sore throat and runny nose!

Over the weekend, I did bake some delicious pumpkin cupcakes with delectable cream cheese frosting.  I do not like pumpkin pie (it's a texture thing), but I absolutely love pumpkin in other baked goods and you can never go wrong with cream cheese frosting!  This recipe from Paula Deen is one of my favorites. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-bars-recipe/index.html

You will notice that Paula's recipe calls for a baking pan.  I prefer  pumpkin cupcakes so that I can easily give away leftovers.  Otherwise, I am tempted to eat it all!   I poured the batter into lined muffin pans and then baked the cupcakes for about 15-20 minutes.  Let me know how this recipe comes out for you!

7 comments:

  1. these look scrumptious... pumpkin has lots of vitamin A...
    does that make these cupcakes healthier?
    our Trader Joe's is now carrying pumpkin creme cheese spread... bought some this evening...
    hope you'll participate in WEEKWORD? the word is "temptation"... see my blog for posting details...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pei pa koa is pretty decent cough medicine (from herbal as I remembered), great non alcoholic medicine, some western cough medicine are more effective, but this is non drowsy.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    Just came across your blog and thought I'd stop to say hello. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Oh and I also wanted to mention how cute your little Halloween corner turned out in the previous post...I loved the mice cut-out idea. It was nice to meet you. Have a wonderful day.

    Hugs and Smiles,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin muffins are some of my family's favorites! And, you can't go wrong with Paula's recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can vouch first hand for how delicious these cupcakes are.(-: As I was lucky enough to be invited over for dinner when they were served. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look delish! I better give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live your decorations! Sheer elegance with a crow on top.
    Thanks Sunny for sending me over!

    ReplyDelete